Friday 29 May 2015

Why I'm drinking Apple Cider Vinegar and putting it on my face and hair!

Hey Blog Readers!


So for a long time my sister has drank Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water and raved about the health benefits but to be honest I didn't really listen... That was until deciding to use Apple cider vinegar as a toner! yup a toner on my face as part of my skincare routine!
I am a big believer in keeping your skin/beauty regime simple.. a lot of home remedies work and are the basis of some of the most expensive products out there so why splurge the cash when you can have equal if not better results doing it DIY style ;)
Since moving to Los Angeles my skin hasn't been as good as it was in Ireland and I believe that is because of the smog and pollution that exists in this big city compared to that fresh Galway air that I miss so much, lol, anyway while looking for a remedy to tone my skin and minimize pores I came across a bunch of videos (YouTube addict alert) on using Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic and with "the mother" ingredient) as a toner!
The videos and blog post I came across really sold me so off I went to Trader Joe's to pick some up! It was very easy to find and a lot cheaper than buying a toner on it's own + it's a big bottle so I imagine it will last me awhile! Anyway, ever since I've been applying it to my skin after washing my face and before moisturizing and I've already noticed a huge difference!
It feels refreshing! it's definitely minimizing my pores and my skin in so much clearer!!
(NB!!! Make sure you always dilute it by mixing in water to avoid it being too strong)

I'm AMAZED! :)

Benefits of using Apple Cider Vinegar on the skin! 


  1. Oil control - Chronic oily skin leads to breakouts and oily patches on the face. This can make wearing makeup problematic. Apple vinegar toner can help control oil production and reduce the appearance of oiliness.
  2. Antiseptic - Beauty mavens have used apple vinegar for centuries to clean their skin. As an antiseptic, apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and yeast that may trigger breakouts.
  3. Balance pH - Enjoy good skin health by maintaining your pH level. Acids keep your skin remain elastic and youthful looking.
  4. Natural skin care - Apple cider vinegar is an all-natural skin toner that you can make yourself. Using natural products will insure the best care for sensitive skin that may react adversely to harsh chemicals.
  5. Stimulate circulation - For better looking skin, get your blood moving with an application of apple cider toner to the face and body. Natural alpha-hydroxy and acetic acids in this fluid stimulates the skin's capillaries. Improved circulation gives your skin a natural rosy flush.



Every now and then growing up I would rinse my hair in vinegar diluted in water (an old wives tale my mum told me about) and it always made my hair SO shiny!! so while I have the bottle in the house I decided to give it ago (it had been a few years) and YUP there were SUPER RESULTS! JESUS this stuff is like magic! I also felt that it really cleaned my hair and my hair seemed to stay non-oily/greasy for longer! (I got a few extra days out of it) If you plan on doing this though make sure you rinse your hair thoroughly as nobody wants to smell of vinegar!lol!

Why rinse hair in apple cider vinegar..  


  1. removes clumpy residue and gunk in hair from product buildup!
  2. Natural detangler!
  3. Leaves hair soft and smooth! 
  4. Accelerates hair growth!
  5. Closes the cuticle of the hair which makes light reflect off it - in other words... it makes your hair ridiculously shiny!! :)


So while seeing such good results from my skin & hair I decided to research and see what all the fuss is about (what my sis raves on about) when it comes to drinking Apple cider vinegear..
I have been drinking two spoonfuls mixed in a glass of water every morning for about two weeks now and I'm actually secretly (not so secretly) loving it!

These are the benefits that can be seen when you drink apple cider vinegar daily 


  1. Weight Loss! Experts believe that it may stimulate genes that help to break down fat! Another study found that it suppresses your appetite (I find this to be true for me). 
  2. Kills bad breath! It has anti-bacterial properties which helps to break down plaque and kill bacteria!
  3. This killing of bacteria can also stop infections such as halitosis and even a sore throat! 
  4. Reduces blood pressure! Therefore it's great for keeping a healthy heart <3 
  5. It keeps your blood sugar levels in check. Therefore it can help with diabetes and blood sugar regulation! Drinking it is shown to improve insulin sensitivity to high carbohydrate meals. 
  6. It's rich in polyphenols, which help fight oxidative stress. Research has shown that eating diets high in antioxidant-rich foods may help reduce your cancer risk, but don’t expect a magic panacea!
  7. It balances your PH levels! by helping to restore alkalinity in the body which can boost your metabolism, strengthen the immune system and slow the aging process to give you clearer and wrinkle free skin! 
So what are you waiting for?? get down to the supermarket and pick yourself up some of this miracle in a bottle that smells funny :) lol

Lots of Love,
Shahira Xo

If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig