Friday 8 November 2013

Say good bye to under eye circles ;) DIY home made mask! Say hello my Tumblr!

Hey Everyone! 


The other week I posted a picture on my Instagram (@ShahiraBarry) wearing a face mask and a bright orange/yellow substance around my eyes... the face mask was just an ordinary store brought mask but I had a couple of people message me asking what the "orange stuff" around my eyes was so i thought I'd let you in on my new secret... (not so secret anymore :P )


The orange substance was a home made mask to help dark under eye circles.... and IT REALLY WORKS!! 

The key ingredient is Turmeric!

You may know Turmeric because it is often used in curries! but you may not know that it has loads of beauty benefits as well... sooo why is it still sitting in your spice cupboard going to waste... ;)
In India the women use Turmeric as part of their beauty regime all of the time! especially before they get married! - It is also widely known as Peeti.

NOTE: It can stain the skin slightly due to it's bright colour (but this will come off) and don't get it in your eyes as it is a SPICE!!

You can use Turmeric to manage your wrinkles woes... 

  • Add raw milk and tomato juice to rice powder and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and let it sit until it dries. Lactic acid present in the milk works to peel off dead skin cells. 
  • A turmeric honey paste can be applied on the face and neck to help exfoliate skin and keep a check on pores!
Turmeric to manage Acne problems... 
  • Not only does Turmeric help to reduce the scars and inflammation but it also reduces oil secretion which leads to breakouts in the first place!
  • Add a few drops of water and lemon juice to the turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the acne affected area and leave for about 15 minutes then scrub off with cold water. 
My mask - For dark circles

Ingredients/equipment: 
  • Clean mixing bowl and brush (clean foundation brush). 
  • Turmeric powder. 
  • Buttermilk. 

Instructions:
  • Place a tea spoon of Turmeric in the mixing bowl. 
  • Add 2 tea spoons of butter milk. 
  • Mix the ingredients together. (Note: This mixture should last a week if refrigerated). 
  • Place it on the skin and dark circle area around your eyes and leave for 20 minutes. 
  • Rinse with luke-warm water and a wash cloth (that you don't mind staining!!) 
  • If the mixture has stained your skin use an oil-e.g. eye makeup remover to remove the stain.  

Step by Step: 





You can also drink the mixture - it's great for your over all health and it helps to prevent osteoporosis

Health benefits-Tumeric:
  1. Detox the liver. 
  2. Natural pain killer. 
  3. Helps to prevent cancer and Alzheimers. 
  4. Helps with depression. 
  5. Helps to speed up the process of a healing wound and fixes damaged skin! 
  6. SO MANY MORE!
Turmeric skin benefits: 
  1. Contains antioxidants which neutralist free radicals in your body!
  2. Helps the skins complexion. 
  3. Prevents breakouts. 
  4. Lightens under eye circles!
  5. Lots of probiotics. 
Buttermilk Skin Benefits:
  1. Super rich in lactic acid - softens, brightens and exfoliates skin!
  2. Helps to treat any discoloration! 
  3. Helps prevent age spots/freckles. 

YOU SEE=Turmeric is a holey grail product!and buttermilk isn't far behind it! 

Say GOOD BYE to your Under Eye Circles!! ;) 


News: I'm now on Tumblr!! 


Yup another way to keep up- Incase my facebook, twitter, blog, website, instagram, YouTube and Keek weren't enough ;) haha now you can follow me on Tumblr too! 
Username: ShahiraWorld

Why did I feel a need to join yet another social networking site???
Basically I'm an iphone addict and ever since I got an iphone -around 3 years ago now it has been full of pictures- of, well, anything that's caught my attention or inspired me - when I'm browsing the net/facebook etc... and I'll spot e.g. a hairstyle I like, a makeup look, an outfit, a location, a quote - whatever it might be (the range is very broad) and I'll either screen shot or save the picture to my phone with the idea that I'll go back at some point and either take inspiration from the picture or re-create it in some way... but I never end up going back through my phone and having a look... (it gets too full and then I can't take new pictures)!

SO I decided instead of saving all of these pictures to my phone and never looking at them again that I'd share them on Tumblr with everyone... It's an easy way for me to express myself and what I like, for myself to look back on quickly and take inspiration or for someone else to take inspiration from something I post... 

Why couldn't I do this on Instagram? 
I love instagram (you can follow me @ShahiraBarry) and I instragram a lot of my pictures but what bugs me is that you can't always fit the entire picture in and it has to be partially cropped-also the video clips are too short. I feel like Tumblr is a way for me to express and share my personality, inspiration and ideas in a way that I haven't done so before!x!
I'm still getting the hang of it myself and it may take me awhile but if you're on Tumblr-be nice and give my blog a 'follow' or just drop by every now and then to see what I've posted - shahiraworld.tumblr.com/ 

Have a great weekend! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo

If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig