Tuesday 27 March 2012

Requested-Full skin care routine :)

Hellooooo :)



Today's blog is a requested blog based upon my full skin care routine. I try my best to look after my skin as I'm in photos all the time but at the same time having heavy make-up on for shoots etc.. can really take it's toll on your skin. That's why I love to let my skin rest on my free days and not wear any make-up :)

Where to start...

I really don't mess with my skin too much I just do the essentials to make-sure it gets a deep pore clean every day and is kept clear of oil and residue.

My Daily skincare Routine:
As I mentioned in my blog on fighting spots (which you can get by clicking here) I use 'Vichy Normaderm Deep cleansing Gel' as my face wash for every day use!!

  • In the morning I wash my face with Vichy: When washing your face start by splashing warm water all over it because this opens the pores and allows for a deep pore clean-letting the face wash soak in and do it's job ;) use clean hands to massage and foam the face wash in circular motions. To finish splash with cold water to close the pores again-if the pores were left open you would risk letting dirt enter and clog the pores causing blemishes. 

  • I then apply moisturizer: I use 'Simple, Kind to Skin, Replenishing Moisturizer'. As with the Vichy face wash, Simple Moisturizer is kind to skin and doesn't contain any additives which could cause problems.

  • I mix a little of Soap and Glory's 'Glow Job' in with my foundation and apply as normal: It highlights the face giving a bright  dewy youthful glow to the skin.
  • When taking off my make-up I use Anne French Deep Cleansing Milk and cotton pads. Cleansing milk is kind to skin, moisturizing, gives a deep pore clean and removes even the most stubborn of make-up, including eye-make-up.
  •  After removing my make-up I wash my face again-with Vichy and moisturize with Simple again: this time I wait 10mins and then wipe my face with a clean cotton pad-This will give the moisturizer time to sink in but wipe away any excess before going to bed. 
For days when dealing with a nasty surprise of a pimple:
Click HERE.

Weekly:

  1. Once a week I steam my face. Steaming opens up all the pores and unclogs the skin. 
All you need is a large bowl/basin, two towels and some cotton pads. If you wish you can add Vix to the water-especially if dealing with sinuses or a blocked nose. I like to add cinnamon just for a nice aroma :)
What to do:

  • Cleanse the skin before beginning to steam.
  • Fill the basin with boiling water from the kettle (obviously be extremely careful when dealing with boiling water-don't fill the basin too much etc...). 
  • Place the basin on a low table and lean over hovering your head above the bowl. 
  • Place the towel over your head and bowl to keep in all the steam. 
  • Steam for 5-10mins. 
  • Cleanse the skin with clean cotton pads and splash with cold water to close the pores once again. 

     2. Once a week I use Soap and Glory 'No Clogs Allowed'. This is a great product as it doubles as a face wash and face mask. It heats up and truly leaves your skin squeaky clean and soft :) I use this product as a wash maybe once a week while as a mask maybe once every two weeks. 
-To use this product as a wash it is the same guidelines as any other wash. 
-When using as a mask you wet the face with warm water and then cover the face with the product (only a small amount needed) avoiding the eyes and mouth. Leave it to set for 5 minutes and then wipe away with the sponge applicator and rinse once again with cold water. Remember to wash your sponge applicator and keep it clean :)


A Home Made Face Mask :)
Again I would only use a face mask on my face maybe every two weeks. If you didn't have the soap and glory product or you just wanted to try a home-made product here is one I often make :)
Oatmeal Face Mask:
What you need:
- Half a cup of cooked oat meal
-1 Egg white
-teaspoon of olive oil
-Fresh lemon juice

What to do :)
Mix all the ingredients together until a paste is formed. Apply to your face and relax for 15mins :) When finished rinse thoroughly-Simples :) 

Once a month:
Click HERE to read about my Lemon Scrub for fighting blackheads :)

Tired Eyes and Skin:
When I'm tired especially on the day of the shoot I need something to pull my skin and under eye circles together and look presentable, ha :) 
I use Gardnier Eye Roll for my under-eye circles.

To brighten my skin and make it look 'awake' I use Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. This is an amazing product! It retails for approx 30-35e:  Which is a reasonable price considering its a "Pick me up" product and not for every day use. If it was for every day use it would not be cost effective. As it says on "the tin" it instantly restores a "fresh, revived, beautiful appearance", it brightens and tightens your skin, erasing the signs of fatigue and stress. 

Will you try any of the steps I've described? Do you have any good skin care tips I haven't included?


Hope this gives you beautiful healthy skin :) 

Happy Beautifying :) 

Lots of Love
Shahira Xo

Share:

2 comments

  1. Wow you look so pretty :) Great tips too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's so sweet-thank u :) glad u liked it :) Xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig