Friday 23 March 2012

Kim Kardashian gets flour bombed!

Ok so my Blog is not a gossip blog what so ever and I never thought I'd write up about something that happened to a celebrity or gossip connected with a celeb. However the headline 'Kim Flour-Bombed' on the showbiz section of SkyNews.com caught my eye and disgusted me so I thought I'd do a write-up on it.

Kim Kardashian was doing interviews for her perfume launch at a hotel in Hollywood and was walking the red carpet when a woman threw a whole bag of white powder on the reality tv star.

Police said that paramedics were called to the scene but Kim refused medical attention. The woman who threw the flour was detained by hotel security. Kim decided not to press charges but did file a criminal battery report.


Kim looked gorgeous arriving at the event but soon got covered in the powder that ruined her clothes and her lovely hair. 

I don't care how rich or successful someone is I really don't think that gives anyone the right to attack someone physically or verbally. What happened to her is disgraceful and I think people should rediscover the saying and moral 'Treat others how you would like to be treated' as this type of thing is repeatedly happening, and I hate to say it, but a lot of the time by woman to woman-what happened to Girl Power? Should we not respect a woman who is doing well for herself rather than begrudge or hate on her? 

Nobody was hurt and Kim had a good reaction trying her best to laugh it off and saying to E
"That probably is the craziest, unexpected, thing that's ever happened to me"
"Like I said to my make-up artist, I wanted more powder and that's a whole lot of translucent powder right there!"

A similar incident happened between Ryan Seacrest and Sasha Baron Cohen at this years Oscars and I must say I took a different view on it-and that was simply because I thought it looked a little staged: it was from one celebrity to another and you could see it happening a mile off. Whereas in this case with Kim Kardashian the woman was a randomer and  didn't mean it as a joke-there was more nastiness behind it. 

What are your views on this Kim.K incident??
Personally, I just wish people would stop hating on others, Live their lives for themselves-concentrate on yourself... you're goals, achievements and accomplishments and whether someone is a celebrity or not just be nice to each other: there is one race-The Human Race, You don't have to like everyone in the world but if you "don't have anything nice to say.. don't say anything at all" and don't be out to hurt another physically, verbally or emotionally. Be content and happy in yourself and you won't have a need to bring another down. 

Lots of Love 
Shahira Xo

Share:

3 comments

  1. This is so true. If you are a miserable person use ur energy to figure yourself out not being negative or degrading someone else. Learn how to do you. I love Kim and I hate she has so many haters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was flour bombed by an animal activist to highlight her refusal to stop wearing real fur or stock real fur in her store. As someone who courts publicity, she has to accept some level of responsibility for her actions, good or bad. There are probably some people who look to her as some sort of role model and to publically wear fur which is a fashion statement, in non Artctic countires; in my view and her own sister's view isnt responsible. She must have been fully aware or made aware by her management how passionate people are about the fur trade.

    It is totally her choice to live the life she chooses, wear what she wants, etc. but as she also chooses to do so publically, she needs to accept that her actions will have concequences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Msteri, I agree with you, but also Anonymous I didn't realise that fur was the reason behind the attack. I am totally against wearing real fur so I also agree with you, however she wasn't wearing fur during this incident: none of the press states that this was the woman's motives so no light was shed on the cause which makes the attack pointless. If she was wearing fur I may understand a little more however I don't agree with anyone physically attacking another for any reason..To throw something at a woman is very humiliating and even holding a banner and protesting may catch the eye of a camera and shed light o the cause in a better way. Surely there are better ways to raise awareness and educate someone on the situation with animal cruelty and fur. Xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig