Saturday 25 February 2012

EuroSong - PlanetJedward


Hellooo :) 
Just a quick picture entry.
I was delighted to be invited to the Late Late EuroSong 2012 last night (Friday 25th/Feb) in the RTE studios. I was supporting Jedward to go through to the 2012 Eurovison song contest in Azerbaijan and of course they did not disappoint and will be representing the country later in the year :)
I spent the night backstage in the green room, where I met the rest of the eurovision hopefuls, and I have to say they were so friendly and nice and the competition was tough-while watching I thought it was really anyone's game. However the MASSIVE crowed of jedward fans outside the studios (-some of whom had flown over from the UK just to catch a glimpse of the bubbly twins) would lead anyone to believe that the boys would triumph in the end. 
I have attended many gigs and festivals some of whom for A-list American superstars e.g. the godfather himself mr Snoop Dogg and NEVER have I seen anything like the Jedward fans! they are definitely "Jedicated" and on another level! Hundreds of fans gathered outside the studio even though they didn't have any tickets to the show itself.. they simply waited there to hear the news. One thing is for sure Jedward fans don't get disappointed as the boys have a really relaxed and fun attitude towards their fans hugging and taking pictures with anyone who wants one. 
Here is a video jedward tweeted today which shows them celebrating with the fans outside after their win.



Love them or hate them I don't think anyone would be left without a smile on their face if in their company. They are SO energetic and fun and I don't think that can be denied by anyone.
Personally I think Ireland have a difficult time in the Eurovision as the East-European countries all vote for eachother (I guess the same way the UK vote for us and visa-verse) but I do think they did a great job last year and if anyone has a chance of winning it for Ireland it would be them as their fan base is so strong-I hear even in Europe.



Here is the song they will be representing the country with in Eurovision 2012:




Do you think the right song/act was chosen last night??

Lots of Love
Shahira Xo




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig