Tuesday 7 February 2012

Calista Beauty in association with Allure Beauty and Nails

Hey Girls :)


I wanted to wait until I received images back from a recent shoot I did to show/tell you about the XEN Spray tan I got done in Calista Beauty in Claregalway (in association with Allure Beauty & Nails, Oranmore-under same management) However, I haven't received the images as yet and I don't want anyone to miss out on their offers for the month of February so I thought I'd tell you about it now and add professional images later :) 

Special offer for the month of February:
Get a Karora or Xen Full Body spray tan for 15e!x!

I'm always willing to try new beauty products so I have tried a lot of different tans-One of my definite favourites is Karora.


The above snap was during the Miss University contest in dandelion. I had a Karora Spray tan done-which I absolutely loved!-it was actually a lot darker than this image gives it credit for (due to the strong flash). Karora gives an instant bronze that is dark but not "tangoed", it wears away great-without leaving what I call "snakeskin"-that flaky scaly look that a lot of tans give when wearing away. Plus it lasts for aprox a week which means you can get a few events or nights out in with the one tan ;)

Louise looked after me when visiting Calista Beauty recently-I decided to try the Xen tan as I had never had it done before-My conclusion-another great tan! I wore it on two photoshoots and I'm dying to see the results! I have quite sallow skin to start with so when I get a spray tan I like it to be dark and it definitely stood up to my expectations. I still have the xen spray tan on and it has lasted brilliantly-I've gone to the gym a number of times this week and usually exercising would streak a spray tan but it has withstood the test of sweat ;) It also has the most gorgeous vanilla smell=no more rotten spray tan smell :) #HappyDays
The only thing I would say is that with the winter weather my skin has got a little dry and I do find the Xen a little drying-so make sure to moisturize the skin daily to keep it in tip-top shape ;)

Snap of me with Xen Tan

So whether you go for the Karora or Xen spray tan in Calista Beauty I'm sure you will be more than satisfied with the results as they only stock the best! The salon is a lovely and welcoming one to visit and I find it really relaxing to go there and get beautified :)

My Spray Tan Tips:
  1. The most important thing before getting any spray tan done is to EXFOLIATE! Exfoliating will make the tan go on better and it will also last longer-make sure to do the knees, elbows, wrists and ankles.
  2. Make sure to shave before getting your spray tan as shaving with the tan can streak it.
  3. Take all jewelry off before spray tanning as it would prevent the skin beneath from getting tanned.
  4. After getting your spray tan wear very loose fitting clothes, no bra and preferably flipflops as tight fitting clothing can rub against the tan possibly ruining it e.g. leaving strap marks etc...
  5. Pat yourself dry after showers instead of rubbing-to avoid taking the tan off, and remember to moisturize regularly to extend the life of the tan :)


During my visit to Calista Beauty I also got a french polish done. When it comes to nails I'm a bit of a 'cluts' I find fake nails quite annoying as I can't pick anything up etc... unless they are kept extremely short so I decided to just go for a polish this time ;) I loved my nails-they looked so manicured and girly :) and the polish lasted over a week-which is very good for me and good for a simple polish. 

This month in Calista you can also get a full set of GelNails for 45e-I may be calling in to avail of this offer :)

After Christmas where you spent your time organising pressies for other people why not treat yourself to some girly & pampering time and get ready in style for the month of LOVVEEE ;) haha. or If you are still feeling generous after Christmas and you are looking to pamper someone else this month Calista offers a wide range of beauty treatments including Indian head massages, hot stone massages,  facials , salt scrubs and a lot more ;)
Offers for February include:
Full body Spray Tan: 15e
Gel Nails: 45e
Facial: 35e!

Calista Beauty is a great example that a fantastic service can be right on your door step ;) and you don't have to go very far to experience relaxation and pampering ;) 


I gave you some of my fake tanning tips-Have you any that I didn't include??

Lots of Love
Shahira x o

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig