Tuesday 14 February 2012

Beautiful Nails on a Budget

Heyyyy!!

If you have been following my blog you will know by now that I am your typical girly-girl :) You will also know that I love a bargain. This Blogs bargain comes in the form of NAILS!x!
I have to have my nails done nearly all the time-whether it's for a shoot, a casting or just a night out... It can be hard to find the time to travel to a salon plus we live in a recession so it calls for recession busting tips ;) 
I generally go for a french polish look-as I find that this goes with everything and looks manicured, girly and sophisticated. I love bright colour and funky nail polishes but it can be hard to find one that doesn't clash or take a way from a shot or look when on a shoot. 
For that reason.....
I am addicted to these:


You can find these french wraps in nearly every chemist and they are so handy and easy to use ;)


To start with you have a tip like this. 

  • The best thing to do is to size a tip to each nail and then lay them flat and in order on the table ready to use. 
  • You then use the glue (which comes with a little brush tip) to paint the back of the nail tip-only on the white part (as much as possible) avoiding the plastic part as the plastic is only used for application and will be taken off. 
  • After applying the glue you press the tip firmly onto your nail sticking it in place with the white boarder flush against the top of your nail.
  • Apply all of the nails on one hand-You will be left with extension plastic pieces sticking out from the nails but don't worry you are simply allowing the glue to dry before taking these off. 
  • Once applyed to all of the nails go back to the 1st nail you started with-Using a nail clippers clip down on the little circle on the piece of the nail extension which is sticking out and then pull out the way. This will remove the plastic and you will be left with just the white sticker/nail tip on the top of your nail. 

The Plastic piece that comes off the nail looks like this. and the white tip remains glued to your own nail. 

  • Go ahead and remove all plastic extensions leaving just the white tips on your nails. Then File the edges to ensure a smooth finish.
  • Once you have filed away any sharp edges you apply the first nail polish which is the 'base sealer'

  • Let the Base Sealer dry and then apply the Top coat. I normally apply two coats of each as I find it makes the nails last longer.




You are then left with manicured pretty nails that look like this :) 


Why I LOVE French Wraps:
I love these wraps for a lot of reasons-they're so easy and quick to use, they look like you've gotten them done in a salon and the main thing for me is that they don't ruin your nails or leave them feeling weak and brittle. They are more like stickers with polish giving the look of Gel-Overlays... there is no "fake nail" or nail extension as such meaning that they are only as long as your own nails already are-personally I find this great as it means you can carry on with life as normal and it's not difficult to pick things up etc... I am a real clutz when it comes to nails so these are perfect for me because there is nothing extra to bite, chip or brake. 

The French Wraps retail for aprox 12e and with this you get extra nails which means you will get a few uses out of the one packet. 

In my opinion a better alternative:

Although I have found myself using and LOVING the French Wraps a lot lately my favourite nail product which retails for only 9e is the Better than Gel Nails by Essence for the simple reason that they don't include the plastic applicator which means that the glue is easier to disperse and I find that they last for longer-Mine lasted 2-3weeks. 

This product used to be stocked in Pennys/Primark but they have now stopped stocking them and this is why I've ended up using the French Wraps instead-which do give the same look but don't last quite as long. 


Whether going for the French Wraps or finding the Better than Gel Nails on sale (If you do let me know ;) ) You won't be disappointed when it comes to the overall look of your nails and considering it saves you money as well you can't go wrong ;)

Would you try one of these salon alternatives?

Lots of Love
Shahira xo

Share:

2 comments

  1. Briar hill pharmacy stocks the essence nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you :) I'll be paying a visit ;) xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig